All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate guide to trading systems, fully revised and updated For nearly thirty years, professional and individual traders have turned to Trading Systems and Methods for detailed information on indicators, programs, algorithms, and systems, and w this fully revised Fifth Edition updates coverage for today's markets. The definitive reference on trading systems, the book explains the tools and techniques of successful trading to help traders develop a program that meets their own unique needs. Presenting an analytical framework for comparing systematic methods and techniques, this new edition offers expanded coverage in nearly all areas, including trends, momentum, arbitrage, integration of fundamental statistics, and risk management. Comprehensive and in-depth, the book describes each technique and how it can be used to a trader's advantage, and shows similarities and variations that may serve as valuable alternatives. The book also walks readers through basic mathematical and statistical concepts of trading system design and methodology, such as how much data to use, how to create an index, risk measurements, and more. Packed with examples, this thoroughly revised and updated Fifth Edition covers more systems, more methods, and more risk analysis techniques than ever before. * The ultimate guide to trading system design and methods, newly revised * Includes expanded coverage of trading techniques, arbitrage, statistical tools, and risk management models * Written by acclaimed expert Perry J. Kaufman * Features spreadsheets and TradeStation programs for a more extensive and interactive learning experience * Provides readers with access to a companion website loaded with supplemental materials Written by a global leader in the trading field, Trading Systems and Methods, Fifth Edition is the essential reference to trading system design and methods updated for a post-crisis trading environment.
- Author BiographyPerry J. Kaufman has over thirty years of experience in the equity and derivatives markets. A prominent expert on systematic trading, he travels internationally, lecturing to funds, governments, and portfolio managers. He began his career in the aerospace industry, working on the navigation and control systems of the Gemini space program. The markets captured his attention in the early 1970s, and he was one of the first to develop computer models for making market decisions. Kaufman developed a portfolio optimization program that operates on disjoint equity series output from a trading environment. He has created market-neutral strategies, stat-arb trading methods, short-term program trading for cash, and derivative market instruments for institutional and commercial applications. Kaufman was the first chairman of the advisory board of the Vermont Securities Institute, and has served on the Director's Committee of Columbia University's Center for the Study of Futures Markets, founding the Journal of Futures Markets. In 2002, he taught a landmark course in systematic trading at the graduate school of Baruch College. Perry Kaufman is the author of several popular trading books including A Short Course in Technical Trading and Alpha Trading.
- Author(s)Perry J. Kaufman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Trading
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1844 g
- Width185 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.