All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to using the VIX to forecast and trade markets Kwn as the fear index, the VIX provides a snapshot of expectations about future stock market volatility and generally moves inversely to the overall stock market. Trading VIX Derivatives will show you how to use the Chicago Board Options Exchange's S&P 500 volatility index to gauge fear and greed in the market, use market volatility to your advantage, and hedge stock portfolios. Engaging and informative, this book skillfully explains the mechanics and strategies associated with trading VIX options, futures, exchange traded tes, and options on exchange traded tes. Many market participants look at the VIX to help understand market sentiment and predict turning points. With a slew of VIX index trading products w available, traders can use a variety of strategies to speculate outright on the direction of market volatility, but they can also utilize these products in conjunction with other instruments to create spread trades or hedge their overall risk. * Reviews how to use the VIX to forecast market turning points, as well as reveals what it takes to implement trading strategies using VIX options, futures, and ETNs * Accessible to active individual traders, but sufficiently sophisticated for professional traders * Offers insights on how volatility-based strategies can be used to provide diversification and enhance returns Written by Russell Rhoads, a top instructor at the CBOE's Options Institute, this book reflects on the wide range of uses associated with the VIX and will interest anyone looking for profitable new forecasting and trading techniques.
- Author BiographyRUSSELL RHOADS, CFA, is an instructor for the Options Institute at the Chicago Board Options Exchange. He teaches about ninety classes a year and conducts webinars on behalf of the CBOE and a variety of brokerage firms. Rhoads's twenty-year trading career has included positions at a variety of trading firms and hedge funds. His background includes trading and analysis, and he is the author of the Wiley titles Candlestick Charting For Dummies and Option Spread Trading. Rhoads graduated from the University of Memphis with an MS in finance and has a master's certificate in financial engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Russell Rhoads
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Trading
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.