All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental educators often adhere to a relatively narrow theoretical paradigm focusing on changing attitudes and kwledge, which are assumed to foster pro-environmental behaviors, which, in turn, leads to better environmental quality. This book takes a different approach to trying to understand how environmental education might influence people, their communities, and the environment. The authors view changing environmental behaviors as a wicked problem, that is, a problem that does t readily lend itself to solutions using existing disciplinary approaches. The book as a whole opens up new avenues for pursuing environmental education research and practice and thus expands the conversation around environmental education, behaviors, and quality. Through developing transdisciplinary research questions and conceptual paradigms, this book also suggests new practices beyond those currently used in environmental education, natural resources management, and other environmental fields.
- Author BiographyMarianne E. Krasny (M.S. and PhD in forest ecology from the University of Washington) is Professor in the Department of Natural Resources and Director of the Civic Ecology Lab at Cornell University. Her publications include a number of authored, co-authored, or edited books for science and environmental educators. Justin Dillon (PhD in education from King's College London) is Professor of Science and Environmental Education and Head of the Science and Technology Education Group at King's College London. He is co-editor of the International Journal of Science Education and is editor or co-editor of a variety of books for science and environmental educators.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series Title[Re]thinking Environmental Education
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byJustin Dillon,Marianne E. Krasny
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.