All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionVeronica Perrurle Dobson is a widely respected Arrernte elder and ted translator, interpreter and teacher of the Arrernte language. She has drawn on her own cultural kwledge and that of other elders and senior healers in the Arrernte community around Mparntwe (Alice Springs) in Central Australia to prepare this absorbing reference work. Arrernte Traditional Healing shows the intricate interconnection of Land, spirit and healing that forms part of the tradition of the Arrernte people, through the work of the Angangkere, the healers. Before you become a traditional healer you go through the Law...and through the Land that the Dreaming of the healing power comes from, to your Altyerre Aknganentye or totem and country. Starting with the spiritual and cultural basis of Arrernte healing, Veronica explains the source of the Angangkeres' healing powers and their use of singing and touch. Then follows a comprehensive list of plants, insects and other methods used in traditional healing, with explanations and comprehensive illustrations of how the remedies are prepared.
- Author BiographyVeronica Perrurle Dobson is a widely respected Arrernte elder and noted translator, interpreter, and teacher.
- Author(s)Veronica Dobson
- PublisherIAD Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Arrernte
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationAlice Springs
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintIAD Press
- Content Notephotographs, line drawings
- Weight254 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.