All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionMany people who live in and visit the Lake District are charmed by the traditional buildings that enhance the landscape. This book introduces the traditional houses, barns, watermills, and chapels of the Lake District and the surrounding hills and valleys that make up the county of Cumbria. With the aid of hundreds of photographs, drawings, and diagrams, the author explains how the building types have developed over the centuries and how the indigeus building materials of stone, clay, brick, and slate have been used to create works of vernacular architecture that seem to grow out of the surrounding landscape.
- Author BiographyR. W. Brunskill has recently retired as professor at De Montfort University, Leicester, and was formerly reader in architecture at the University of Manchester.
- Author(s)R. W. Brunskill
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- Series TitleVernacular Buildings Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note82 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width187 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.