All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional Ecological Kwledge (TEK), also called by other names including Indigeus Kwledge or Native Science, refers to the evolving kwledge acquired by indigeus and local peoples over hundreds or thousands of years through direct contact with the environment. This kwledge is specific to a location and includes the relationships between plants, animals, natural phemena, landscapes and timing of events that are used for lifeways, including but t limited to hunting, fishing, trapping, agriculture, and forestry. TEK is an accumulating body of kwledge, practice, and belief, evolving by adaptive processes and handed down through generations by cultural transmission, about the relationship of living beings (human and n-human) with one ather and with the environment. It encompasses the world view of indigeus people which includes ecology, spirituality, human and animal relationships, and more. This book discusses the practical roles in climate change adaptation and conservation that traditional ecological kwledge provides.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJerome M. Harrington
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.