All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionBased on findings from a sample of nearly 1,100 Puerto Ricans living in the New York area, this book posits that adhering to traditional cultural values (for example, the family) has the socially desirable consequence of discouraging such deviant behaviors as substance abuse. The authors conclude that promoting specific values will t prevent certain individual and social ills; rather, promoting a 'sense of tradition' itself is needed.
- Author(s)Louis Lieberman,Mary Cuadrado
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleThe Plenum Series in Culture and Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.