All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who longs for a beloved grandmother's famous milk tart or melkkos, or a great aunt's delicious bobotie or vetkoek, should have this book in his or her kitchen! Traditional South African Cooking is a collection of well-kwn South African recipes that will enable the modern cook to continue the tradition and produce the same delicious meals that our ancestors used to enjoy. South African cuisine is a unique blend of the culinary art of many different cultures. Dutch, French, German and British settlers, as well as the Malays who came from the East, all brought their own recipes to this country. The subtle adaptation of these 'imported' recipes by the addition of local ingredients and the introduction of invative (at the time) cooking methods resulted in an original and much-loved cuisine, that still sits comfortably alongside contemporary cooking.
- Author BiographyMagdaleen van Wyk is the author and co-author of a number of cookbooks, including The Complete South African Cookbook, published by Struik Lifestyle. A retired lecturer at the Department of Consumer Science and Human Nutriti on at the University of Stellenbosch, Magdaleen was awarded medals by Silwood Kitchen School of Cookery in Cape Town and the SA Brandy Foundation. Pat Barton, a freelance writer, editor and translator, has collaborated on a number of cookbooks. She compiled the original The Complete South African Kilojoule, Calorie and Carbohydrate Counter, published by Struik Lifestyle.
- Author(s)Magdaleen van Wyk,Pat Barton
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Lifestyle
- Content Note80 full colour photographs
- Weight620 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.