All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionGet a complete look into modern traffic engineering solutions Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition is a newly revised text that builds upon the reputation as the go-to source of essential traffic engineering solutions that this book has maintained for the past 70 years. The updated content reflects changes in key industry standards, and shines a spotlight on the needs of all users, the design of context-sensitive roadways, and the development of more sustainable transportation solutions. Additionally, this resource features a new organizational structure that promotes a more functionally-driven, multimodal approach to planning, designing, and implementing transportation solutions. A branch of civil engineering, traffic engineering concerns the safe and efficient movement of people and goods along roadways. Traffic flow, road geometry, sidewalks, crosswalks, cycle facilities, shared lane markings, traffic signs, traffic lights, and more all of these elements must be considered when designing public and private sector transportation solutions. * Explore the fundamental concepts of traffic engineering as they relate to operation, design, and management * Access updated content that reflects changes in key industry-leading resources, such as the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), AASSHTO Policy on Geometric Design, Highway Safety Manual (HSM), and Americans with Disabilities Act * Understand the current state of the traffic engineering field * Leverage revised information that homes in on the key topics most relevant to traffic engineering in today's world, such as context-sensitive roadways and sustainable transportation solutions Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition is an essential text for public and private sector transportation practitioners, transportation decision makers, public officials, and even upper-level undergraduate and graduate students who are studying transportation engineering.
- Author BiographyINSTITUTE OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERS is an international educational and scientific association of over 15,000 professionals, with a diverse network of practitioners providing geographic balance and perspective. DR. BRIAN WOLSHON is the Edward A. and Karen Wax Schmitt Distinguished Professor of Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Louisiana State University. He has also served research appointments at Sandia National Laboratories and Los Alamos National Laboratory. DR. ANURAG PANDE is an Assistant Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, and has co-authored more than 25 papers that have been published in peer-reviewed transportation journals.
- Author(s)Anurag Pande,Brian Wolshon,ITE
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1782 g
- Width222 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.