All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered one of Shakespeare's greatest history plays, <i>The Tragedy of King Richard II</i> concerns the ill-fated reign of a king whose eventual overthrow marks the beginning of Shakespeare's history cycle, including <i>Henry IV, Part I, Henry IV Part II;</i> and <i>Henry V</i>. This edition features an overview of Shakespeare's works by Sylvan Barnet, former Chairman of the English Department at Tufts University, as well as a comprehensive stage and screen history, dramatic criticism from the past and present, and sources from which Shakespeare derived this great work.
- Author Biography<b>William Shakespeare</b> (1564-1616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.
- Author(s)Kenneth Muir,Sylvan Barnet,William Shakespeare
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton / Signet
- Weight159 g
- Width105 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.