All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description...a book that will appeal to everyone who has ever choked down the pre-packaged, bargain-basement camp food (or gone bankrupt buying the good stuff). - Cae & Kayak ...if you're on the lookout for a way to bring real meals to the field, [this book] might have the answer. - Field & Stream . Life in the outdoors revolves around food - cooking it, eating it, packing it, carrying it. We even fantasize about it, especially after a week of eating store-bought provisions. This book is all about fulfulling those food fantasies and avoiding those expensive disappointments. Trail Food tells you how to remove water from food, to make it lighter and longer-lasting, without removing its taste. Learn to plan menus and prepare meals just like the ones you left behind, using fresh foods from your garden or market, prepared and seasoned the way you like them. Why fantasize when you can have the real thing?
- Author BiographyAlan Kesselheim dries his food in Bozeman, Montana, where he lives with his wife and three children. He is the author of five books, including Water and Sky: Reflections of a Northern Year and Going Inside, and has published hundreds of magazine articles.
- Author(s)Alan S. Kesselheim
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleInternational Marine-RMP
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRagged Mountain Press
- Content Note14 illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width119 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- northinstar03 Oct, 2011by
An Excellent Book! Great value for money!
On what I have read so far in the book, it is very informative and I have learnt a lot on how to dry food in preparation for hiking. The book is presented in an easy to read manner and in a language type that is easy to understand. I would recommend this book for anyone wanting to prepare their own food for hiking.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71