All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionAlberta's ranching heritage occupies an important place in the province's historical consciousness. Trails and Trials: Markets and Land Use in the Alberta Beef Cattle Industry, 1881-1948 documents the development of the beef cattle industry in Alberta from its open-range ranching phase to the beginnings of the modern era. This narrative history documents how the beef cattle industry responded to the challenges following the end of the open-range era through two world wars and the Great Depression. Trails and Trials: Markets and Land Use in the Alberta Beef Cattle Industry, 1881-1948 is a story of struggle, victories, and defeats, as a romanticized industry struggled to survive and mature in the real world. It provides a new case study of Canada's ecomic development and settlement history.
- Author BiographyMaxwell L. Foran has been working in the field of Western Canadian history for over thirty years and has published widely on various urban, rural, and cultural topics. He is a professor in the Department of Communication and Culture at the University of Calgary.
- Author(s)Maxwell L. Foran
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Note46 b/w photos, 4 maps & 9 tables
- Weight534 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.