All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book illustrates the history of the Canadian National Railways created after World War I with a combination of resources from five financially troubled railroads. Canadian National played a central role in the population growth of the more remote rthern areas of Canada, moved passengers between major cities in style, and was instrumental in the movement of goods both to market and to the country's smaller towns. The story is told by engineers, porters, signalmen and others.
- Author BiographyDonald MacKay has had a forty-year career as journalist, broadcaster and author. Born and educated in Nova Scotia, he was a wartime merchant seaman, reporter for Canadian Press, covered stories in a dozen countries for United Press International, was chief European correspondent for UPI Broadcast Services in London, and general manager of UPI in Canada for five years before turning to writing books. Lorne Perry has lived near the Rocky Mountains since he came west in a largish wicker basket at the age of three and a half months. The prairie coulees, riverbanks and foothills were his playground until, as a young man, he took a wild gamble and signed up for a rock-climbing school. Things were never the same after that. With a degree in fine arts and subsequent training in design, Perry has worked variously as an archeological photographer in Ethiopia, an artist in Bermuda and, for the last 18 years, as an exhibit designer in Calgary. In addition to his extensive experience as a climber and ski mountaineer, Perry is a certified diver, Nordic ski instructor and ardent sea kayaker.
- Author(s)Donald Mackay,Lorne Perry
- PublisherHeimburger House Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeimburger House Publishing Company
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight814 g
- Width280 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.