All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe instructional designer's pocket guide to training is back. If you are designing a training program for the first time, this practical book is for you. Part of ATD's Training Basics series, it zeroes in on how to design successful training for the face-to-face or virtual classroom. It also serves as a guide for developing self-study training programs, such as online tutorials and workbooks. Internationally rewned workplace learning expert and educator Saul Carliner t only delves into the analysis and evaluation phases of training design-where most books stop-but also gives prominence to core competencies like materials development, marketing, and administration. Updated to reflect changes in training practices, this second edition helps instructional designers hone key training skills. Major additions include guidance on live virtual and online tutorials, completely new training programs, and tips for how to adjust design practice when working under stringent conditions. In this book you will learn: * Best practices for designing and developing training programs in the real world * Tactics to successfully launch and run training programs you've designed * How to adjust design practices along three tiers of effort in platinum, silver, and bronze scenarios. About the Training Basics Series ATD's Training Basics series provides a baseline explanation of the theories and concepts behind featured topics, as well as instructions for their practical day-to-day application in the workplace. Additional titles include Adult Learning Basics, Competency-Based Training Basics, Technical Training Basics, and Virtual Training Basics.
- Author BiographySaul Carliner is an associate professor of educational technology and Provost's Fellow for digital learning at Concordia University in Montreal, Canada. Among his more than 200 publications are the international award-winning books, Designing E-Learning (ASTD 2006), Informal Learning Basics (ASTD 2012), and The e-Learning Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Online Learning (Pfeiffer 2008) with Patti Shank. He has received the 2014 Ken Rainey Award for Excellence in Research and the 2014 Jay Gould Award for Teaching from the Society for Technical Communication, and the 2014 Alumni Award for Excellence in Teaching from his university. He is a fellow and past international president of the Society for Technical Communication, a past research fellow of ATD, and a past board member of the Canadian Society for Training and Development. A long-time community leader, Carliner has chaired a museum membership auxiliary, civic transit board, several allocations committees for community foundations, and served on boards of several arts, professional, and community organizations.
- Author(s)Saul Carliner
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleATD Training Basics
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.