All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraining Dogs for Protection Work is a comprehensive guide to the selection and training of dogs for protection work. The authors, both professional trainers, have a profound understanding of both human and canine psychology. They stress the importance of correct attitude and commitment on the part of the owner/handler and explain the role in forming a working partnership between handler and dog. In clear, conversational tones they guide the reader through the choice of puppy and early training, then examine the three areas of obedience, protection and tracking which together produce the working protection dog. This book pulls punches in its condemnation of abusive techniques and also tackles popular training misconceptions. Training Dogs for Protection Work will provide invaluable to both amateur and professional handlers as well as assisting every dog owner to understand more about the basics of correct handling and training.
- Author BiographyFred Mandilk holds a Masters degree in Sociology with emphasis on behaviours and deviancy, from the California State University, Los Angeles. He worked in law enforcement for four years and was a high school teacher for over ten years. The two authors have trained German Shepherds fir over 35 police departments as well as private citizens. They trained and retested the dogs several times a year. Each dog they trained was found a placement, be it police, military or private home, was proficient in tracking, obedience and protection and some advanced dogs learned drug arson and explosive searching work. Marv Gangloff started his dog training business over thirty years ago while an active police dog handler and he imports promising dogs from several countries in Europe. The two authors have trained German Shepherds fir over 35 police departments as well as private citizens. They trained and retested the dogs several times a year. Each dog they trained was found a placement, be it police, military or private home, was proficient in tracking, obedience and protection and some advanced dogs learned drug arson and explosive searching work.
- Author(s)Fred Mandilk,Marv Gangloff
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height2340 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.