All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen elite ultrarunners have a need for speed, they turn to coach Jason Koop. Koop reveals his highly effective ultramarathon training program in in Training Essentials for Ultrarunning. The traditional way of training for ultrarunning is to simply pile on the miles or try an approach that worked for a friend. Yet ultramarathons are t just longer marathons, and simply running more will t prepare you adequately for the race experience you want. Training Essentials for Ultrarunning will revolutionize training for those who want to race an ultramarathon instead of just gut it out to the finish line. Koop's race-proven ultramarathon program is based on sound science, the most current research, and years of experience coaching the sport s star runners to podium performances. His training method is rooted in a a structured, periodized ultra training plan that focuses on developing an athlete's energy systems for the long haul. Runners using Training Essentials for Ultrarunning will gain much more than Koop s training approach: The science behind ultramarathon performanceCommon ultramarathon failure points and how to solve themHow to use interval training to focus workout, make gains, reduce injuries, and race fasterSimple, effective fueling and hydration strategiesThe A.D.A.P.T. method for making the right decisions to solve a race-day crisisHow to plan your ultra season for better racingCourse-by-course coaching guides to iconic U.S. ultramarathons including American River 50, Badwater 135, Hardrock 100, Javelina 100, JFK 50, Lake Soma 50, Leadville 100, Vermont 100, Wasatch 100, and Western States 100. How to achieve your goal, whether it s finishing or winningA revolution is coming to ultrarunning as ultramarathoners shed old habits and embrace the smarter methods that science and experience show are better. Featuring stories and advice from ultrarunning stars Dakota Jones, Kaci Lickteig, Dylan Bowman, Timothy Olson, and others who work with Jason Koop, Training Essentials for Ultrarunning is the go-to guide for first-time ultrarunners and competitive ultramarathoners.
- Author BiographyJason Koop is the Director of Coaching for Carmichael Training Systems, coach to elite ultrarunners, and an elite ultramarathoner. Koop walks the walk or runs the run, as the case may be when it comes to ultras. His journey from a cross-country runner at Texas A&M to ultra coach started with a postgraduation internship at CTS in the summer of 2001. A runner in a company of predominantly cycling coaches, Koop was quickly drafted and trained to be the company s lead running coach. In 2006 he traveled around the United States coaching and supporting Dean Karnazes as the Ultramarathon Man ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. Karnazes again tapped Koop s expertise in 2011 for Regis and Kelly s Run Across America with Dean Karnazes, a nearly 3,000-mile cross-country run. As the director of coaching for CTS, Koop coaches runners, cyclists, and triathletes in his role as a CTS premier coach. He also oversees the recruitment, education, and ongoing evaluation of more than 30 full-time endurance coaches and has developed CTS s quality assurance system for coaching as well as the CTS Coaching College. His personal ultrarunning resume includes two top-10 finishes at the Leadville Trail 100 Run and finishes at some of ultrarunning s most formidable events, including the Western States Endurance Run, the Badwater 135, the Wasatch 100, and the Hardrock 100.Jim Rutberg is the media director and a coach for CTS. He is coauthor, with Chris Carmichael, of The Time-Crunched Cyclist, The Time-Crunched Triathlete, The Ultimate Ride, Chris Carmichael s Food for Fitness, Chris Carmichael s Fitness Cookbook, The Carmichael Training Systems Cyclist s Training Diary, 5 Essentials for a Winning Life, The Time-Crunched Cyclist and innumerable web and magazine articles. His work has appeared in Bicycling, Outside, Men s Health, Men s Journal, VeloNews, Inside Triathlon, and more. A graduate of Wake Forest University and a former elite cyclist, Rutberg lives in Colorado Springs with his family.
- Author(s)Jason Koop
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.