All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the book Learning Fencing, this book explains how to train for technique and tactics in the sport of fencing and shows why fencers must improve their endurance, strength, and speed. Young fencers learn to go beyond practice bouts and enrich their training with exercises that may seem to have thing at all to do with fencing. They discover how important it is to warm up before training and competitions and learn how an athlete gets stiff muscles. The book also includes suggestions about what young athletes can do on their own to improve their skills and to monitor and evaluate their progress. With the help of this book, young fencers learn to manage their own development and to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dr. Berndt Barth, born in 1941, has taught training methodology at the university level for many years and is the author of numerous articles and books about fencing. He is the secretary general of the Deutscher Fechter-Bund and has chaired that association's Committee on Education and Training Methodology since 1990. Katrin Barth, born in 1966, has a degree in elementary education and ten years of professional experience in that field. She has personally completed the basic education, as well as the fundamental- and advanced training in fencing.
- Author(s)Berndt Barth,Katrin Barth
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationAachen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer
- Content Note16 photographs, illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.