All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionTraining a Search and Rescue Dog for Wilderness Air Scent Detection Training a Search and Rescue Dog is a simple, easy to understand step-by-step instructional manual to teach dogs to find live people. It provides a planned curriculum to incorporate a re-find in a wilderness air scent training program first, and then goes on to allow the handler to add a human remains detection component should they desire to cross-train their dog. The program allows for individual differences in dog training methods and reward systems allowing the handler and trainer to custom design the program which best suits their breed, environment, and needs. Also included are related forms such as search training logs, search reports, donation forms, and how to collect an uncontaminated scent article. These lessons are designed for the dog that has already had some general training in basic obedience, agility, and socialization. For dogs without these basic skills, the author has written a book titled, Building a Basic Foundation for Search and Rescue Dog Training. Training a Search and Rescue Dog is an excellent follow up and training regime following the Basics book which lays the appropriate groundwork in order to train a fully functional, certified, and able working dog.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author: Christy Judah, M. Ed., SAR Tech I, has written extensively about search and rescue dog training. She is a handler/trainer who has volunteered in the search arena for over 20 years. She is a retired educator and resides on the coast of North Carolina.
- Author(s)Christy Judah
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.