All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching is a tough and challenging job and society demands more from its teachers than ever before. This new edition is an essential companion for those training to teach, providing an overview of important professional issues that all future teachers need to engage with in order to succeed in the classroom. Aiming to give you the confident start you need in the classroom, this third edition is equally valuable to those training to teach in both primary and secondary education, and includes: * New chapters on: inclusion; school-based training; creativity; and digital techlogies * Increased coverage of behaviour management * A new feature outlining the relevant Teachers' Standards at the start of each chapter The accompanying website https://study.sagepub.com/denby3e, has been updated to include additional material expanding on and complementing the contents of the book. This book is essential reading for professional studies modules on both primary and secondary initial teacher education courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, and on university-based and school-based training courses. Neil Denby is recently retired from the School of Education and Professional Development, University of Huddersfield and w works as an independent educational consultant.
- Author BiographyNeil Denby has been involved in teacher education for over 18 years. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. An experienced and successful author, he has written over two dozen texts at various levels from GCSE to postgraduate. He also has extensive experience teaching abroad, both in the Middle East and China. Recently retired from the School of Education and Professional Development at the University of Huddersfield, he now acts as an independent educational consultant. His research interests include using the abilities of gifted and talented pupils to enhance the learning experience; the importance of pupil voice in teacher-training partnerships; the promotion and impact of Masters-level PGCE requirements and the encouragement of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds into higher education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byNeil Denby
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.