Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, originally published without index, w contains a New All-Name Index, making it much easier for the reader to locate ancestors or persons of interest. Mr. Hale, in detailing his objective in undertaking this work, writes, In connection with, and following these histories of the Ingles and Draper settlements and families, I shall endeavor to trace, in chrological order, the progressive frontier explorations and settlements along the entire Virginia border, from the Alleghenies to the Ohio, from the New River-Kanawha and tributaries in the South-west, where settlements first began, to the Mongahela and tributaries, in the North-west, and the intervening country, and along the Ohio, where the frontier line of settlements was last to be advanced, but I shall give more special attention to the early history of the region of the New River-Kanawha and tributaries, with collateral facts and incidents of more or less local or general historical interest. This area of New River-Kanawha is located in present-day Montgomery and Pulaski counties of Virginia. The author manages to t only follow significant historical events of the time, but he also develops and documents the lives and adventures of many of the individuals and families (primarily the Ingles and Drapers) inhabiting the territory. The period covered by this volume is generally between 1740 and 1800. Softcover, (1886), repr. 2005, 2011, Illus., Index, 359 pp.
- Author(s)John P Hale
- PublisherJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.