Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of Canadian literature--CanLit--has undergone dramatic changes since it became an area of specialization in the 1960s and '70s. As new global forces in the 1990s undermined its nation-based critical assumptions, its theoretical focus and research methods lost their immediacy. The contributors to Trans.Can.Lit address cultural policy, citizenship, white civility, and the celebrated status of diasporic writers, unabashedly recognizing the imperative to transfigure the disciplinary and institutional frameworks within which Canadian literature is produced, disseminated, studied, taught, and imagined.
- Author BiographySmaro Kamboureli is a professor and the Avie Bennett Chair in Canadian Literature in the English Department at the University of Toronto. She is the founder of the TransCanada series of books, published by WLU Press, originating from interdisciplinary conferences that initiated collaborative research on the methodologies and institutional structures and contexts that inform and shape the production, dissemination, teaching, and study of Canadian literature. Her most recent publications include Shifting the Ground of Canadian Literary Studies (WLU Press 2012), co-edited with Robert Zacharias and Producing Canadian Literature: Authors Speak on the Literary Marketplace (WLU Press, 2013), co-edited with Kit Dobson. Roy Miki teaches contemporary literature at Simon Fraser University. He has published widely on Asian- Canadian literature as well as writers such as bpNichol, George Bowering, and Roy Kiyooka. He is the author of Broken Entries: Race, Subjectivity, Writing and received the Governor Generalas Award for his poetry book Surrender.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRoy Miki,Smaro Kamboureli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.