Transcedence: The Disinformation Encyclopedia of Transhumanism and the Singularity by R.U. Sirius, Jay Cornell (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranshumanism is an international movement that advocates the use of science and techlogy to overcome the natural limitations experienced by humanity. Beyond ending ageing, gaining greater intelligence and conquering the stars, any transhumanist looks forward to a plethora of other alterations to what has been the ordinary human condition, among them: * the Singularity - the creation of machine intelligences that exceed the capacities of our biological brains * radical robotics and the end of ecomic scarcity and boring labour * the ability to replicate individual minds and put them into solid-state bodies or virtual environments * improved physiological strength, sexual pleasure and the intentional mutation of the human body * the ever-increasing interconnectedness and empowerment of humans via ever-faster and more powerful communications techlogy and, with it, the potential for vastly more productive and creative group minds * individual control over mental and emotional states for enhancing functionalities and/or ecstasies In nearly ninety A-Z entries, TRANSCENDENCE provides a multi-layered look at the accelerating advances in artificial intelligence, cognitive science, gemics, information techlogy, natechlogy, neuroscience, space exploration, synthetic biology, robotics and virtual worlds. Entries range from Cloning and Cyborg Feminism to Designer Babies to Memory-Editing Drugs. In addition, the book tes historical predecessors and personalities, both in mythology and history - ranging from Methusala to Timothy Leary to Ray Kurzwiel. It, also, introduces the culture around Transhumanism, covering all the geeky obsessions of the Transhumanist movement. Walter Isaacson ( President of the Aspen Institute, former managing editor of Time, and author of best-selling biographies of Steve Jobs and Benjamin Franklin): This is without doubt the most delightful guide to the radical future.
- Author BiographyR.U. Sirius (Ken Goffman) is a writer, editor and well-known digital iconoclast. He was co-publisher of the first popular digital culture magazine, MONDO 2000. Jay Cornell is the former managing editor of h+ Magazine and senior web developer at Landkamer Partners.
- Author(s)Jay Cornell,R.U. Sirius
- PublisherDisinformation Company
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintDisinformation Company
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.