Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $185.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionEvery few years a dissertation comes to the area of clinical application of medical techlogy which carries us forward as on a magic carpet into new regions of understanding and patient care. This book is such a magic carpet. It brings together, in a clear and incisive fashion, important hemodynamic principles with a simple ninvasive method of application to a part of the cerebral vasculature which has been relatively inaccessible. To the lucky and perceptive person who reads this book, a feeling of excitement and hope for progress is engendered. The diligent application of the potentials of transcranial Doppler ultrasound brings new power to our efforts in understanding the cerebral circulation and the causes, treatment and prevention of cerebrovascular disorders. Merrill P. Spencer, M. D. Director Institute of Applied Physiology and Medicine Seattle, Wash. , July 1986 Ackwledgements I am greatly indebted to Prof. He1ge Nornes, Oslo, who introduced me to the fascinating study of cerebral hemodynamics in the early 1970's and since then continually encouraged my interest in this field. It was through his pioneering work on the cerebral circulation-using peroperative electromagnetic flowmetry and Doppler techniques-that the basis was laid for the ninvasive trans cranial approach to the circle of Willis described in this book. I also gratefully ackwledge the stimulating case discussions with Prof. Peter Huber, Berne, at the very early introduction of trans cranial Doppler, the inspiring exchange of ideas with Dr. Merrill P.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication31/12/1986
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight430 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRune Aaslid
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.