Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionKristine Muz's volume of short narrative works-- autoethgraphies and fictional stories-explore many dimensions of silence, a crucial but often overlooked communication phemen, one that drives much of everyday talk and relationships. Framed by an introductory essay that synthesizes research on silence and the unsaid, guides for reflection and expansion after each narrative, and a conclusion that ponders ethgraphic writing, this volume is an essential work for those who study and teach interpersonal communication.
- Author BiographyKristine L. Munoz is Professor of Communication Studies and Latin American Studies at the University of Iowa, USA. She received her Ph.D from the University of Washington in 1989. Her research and teaching are centered in the ethnography of communication, based on fieldwork in Colombia since 1983 and in the UK, Spain and the US Midwest since 1999. This work has been supported by a Fulbright Award, a Leverhulme Grant, a University of Iowa Global Scholar Award, and the European Social Research Council. She has published 4 books and 40 articles and book chapters in Communication Monographs, Communication Theory, Human Communication Research, Communication Theory and other communication-based and interdisciplinary journals. She edited Research on Language and Social Interaction from 2005-2009 , and has served on numerous editorial boards. Her book Speaking Relationally received the Gerald R. Miller Award for Outstanding Publication in Interpersonal Communication Research and her article Cultural Persuadables won the Outstanding Scholarship in Language and Social Interaction award in 2008.
- Author(s)Kristine L. Munoz
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleWriting Lives: Ethnographic Narratives
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.