All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionTransculturalism and Business in the BRIC States, edited by Yvette SA!nchez and Claudia Franziska BrA hwiler, is the first handbook on the BRIC States that offers a transcultural perspective, which goes beyond the typical 'how to' manuals or ecomic projections and provides an understanding of transculturalism as it is studied and practiced in the respective countries themselves. This unique reference book also offers insights into the relations between the corresponding states and the challenges facing those trying to foster more intense business exchanges. The reader learns to interpret cross-cultural issues from the perspectives of the BRIC states themselves and gains insight into the way scholars in the BRIC area reflect on transculturalism. Moreover, it introduces the reader to fresh visualizations that help consider transculturalism beyond the kwn categories. The book will appeal, on the one hand, to practitioners who are active in the BRIC states and wish to better grasp the challenges to business relations, as well as the intra-area dynamics and, on the other hand, to scholars in transcultural studies and international management, due to its insider approach. Since the book combines theoretical concepts with a clear geographic focus and a critical approach to traditional models, it is suitable for both academic audiences as well as for practitioners who appreciate a sound theoretical base and a fresh take on a subject.
- Author BiographyYvette SA!nchez holds the Chair of Spanish Language and Literature at the University of St. Gallen and is Director of the Centro Latinoamericano-Suizo (CLS-HSG). She is involved in several research projects in the field of Latin American and TransArea studies, for instance on Latinos in the United States. She initiated the founding of a University of St.Gallen Hub in SAGBPo Paulo and teaches executive courses on Brazilian business negotiations. Claudia Franziska BrA hwiler is a political scientist, project coordinator, and a lecturer at the University of St.Gallen. In addition to her research focus on American political culture and the interplay of politics and literature, she is interested in the challenges of interdisciplinarity and transculturalism.
- Author(s)Claudia Franziska Bruhwiler,Dr. Yvette Sanchez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 40 b&w illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.