All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly childhood professionals: the new Transdisciplinary Play-Based System is here, and it's better than ever! For 15 years, this highly acclaimed linked system has been one of the most natural, easy-to-use assessment and intervention approaches for children birth to age six - and w it's been completely revised and updated so it's even more effective and user-friendly.Why choose TPBA2 and TPBI2 ? This popular system gets accurate assessment results and improves child outcomes because it's: play-based, so children are relaxed, engaged, and motivated eugh to show the full range of their skills and abilities; child-directed, so it encourages spontaneity and creativity and is easy to use in home-based settings; strengths-focused, assessing what children can do instead of what they can't; and, parent-friendly, tapping into the invaluable expertise of those who kw the child best.Current TBPA/I users will find the basics unchanged.Professionals start with TPBA2 , a comprehensive, easy-to-follow guide to assessment with in-depth child development information. While the child engages in natural play with a parent, professionals use the practical guidelines and useful developmental information to assess 4 domains - sensorimotor, emotional and social, communication and language, and cognition - and gather qualitative information about what the child can do.Then, with TBPI2 , professionals partner with parents to choose customized play-based interventions that help children make progress across domains and generalize their new skills in different situations and settings.All forms needed to execute TPBA2 and TPBI2 are included in the manuals and are photocopiable. For ease of use, the forms are also sold separately. Paper forms come in a gummed tablet that includes one each of the 7 essential forms needed for assessment and intervention (one tablet per child).
- Author BiographyDr. Toni Linder is Professor Emeritus in the Child, Family, and School Psychology Program at the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Linder has been a leader in the development of authentic assessment for young children and is known for her work on Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment and Transdisciplinary Play-Based Intervention (1990, 1993, 2008). In addition, she developed Read, Play, and Learn (1999), an inclusive, literature and play-based curriculum for preschool and kindergarten learning and development. She consults nationally and internationally on assessment, intervention, early childhood education, program development, and family involvement issues. Dr. Linder has conducted research on a variety of issues, including transdisciplinary influences on development, parent-child interaction, curriculum outcomes, and using technology for professional development in rural areas. In 2012 Dr. Linder formed Early Learning Dynamics LLC to serve as a platform for her continuing consulting, curriculum development, and play-based assessments. Dr. Linder will use Early Learning Dynamics to serve children worldwide.
- Author(s)Toni W. Linder
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight1084 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.