All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe collected essays in this book deal with scientific experiments about a real one: the transition from communism to democracy, and the transformation of command to market ecomies in Central and Eastern Europe. In the first part of the volume core issues involved in the breakdown and transformation of these nations are raised, among others the sequencing of ecomic reforms and conditions leading to political system breakdown and reconstruction. Simulation models in ecomics and political science which might be useful to explore systematically the complexity and dynamics of transformation processes are reviewed. Simulation experiments using such models are presented in the second part analyzing alternative developmental paths of the societies in Central and Eastern Europe. Will some of the Eastern European nations be able to integrate into the world ecomy? How will Poland achieve the transition from a supply to a demand driven ecomy? What are the implications of the transition to democracy for the former GDR for political stability? And to what extent will the former GDR ecomy be able to catch up with that of the former FRG? Finally, data availability and quality for systematically reconstructing past developments and analyzing present trends is discussed in detail.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Wolf-Dieter Eberwein received his doctorate from the University of Bielefeld (Germany) in 1975. Since 1978 he has been working as a research fellow at the Science Center for Social Research, Berlin. From 1990 to 1991 he has been Visiting Professor at The Graduate Institute of International Studies in Geneva (Switzerland).
- Author(s)Wolf-Dieter Eberwein
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/07/1992
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetab. and fig.
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.