Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years, in traditional cultures around the world, a different kind of intelligence has been cultivated and refined: an intelligence of feeling. This way of kwing is present-moment centered, directly engaged, and of infinite scope. It is always available to us. It conveys information of a type, density, and texture t available through discursive thought. It connects us to ourselves, to one ather, and to nature. Its vocabulary is embodied experience; its logic is of the heart. It is an antidote to the separation, disconnection, and violence of the modern world. And this intelligence can be developed. Blending insights from emerging neuroscience, ancient mental training techniques, and indigeus practice to inform a highly experiential method, Transformation Through Feeling takes you on a practical step-by-step journey to develop your capacity to feel more deeply, and more accurately, through the training of attention and the development of somatic and emotional self-awareness. Learn to step down out of the prison of the mind, and to reclaim the freedom and the wisdom of the felt sensibility. The potential to access this reality is already inside of you. Transformation Through Feeling gives you the tools and guidance to bring it to life.
- Author BiographyGABRIEL KRAM has a deep and abiding interest in and practice of mindfulness, emotional self-awareness, and somatics work. Over the past sixteen years, these modalities have transformed his life, and he is committed to training organizations and individuals in these tools to transform quality of life and organizational culture. He is the founder of Applied Mindfulness, Inc. an intervention design, training, and consulting firm that provides transformative experiential training to empower clients of all ages to discover and cultivate the inner resources, tools, and competencies to live healthier, more fulfilling, and effective lives. He previously directed The Mind Body Awareness Project, whose innovative mindfulness-based interventions for incarcerated youth are being scaled into new national models of rehabilitation. He studied neurobiology at Yale College, and narrative at Stanford University. He brings a reverence for indigenous culture, sixteen years of mindfulness practice, ten years of mindful movement, and a lifetime of wilderness exploration, nature awareness, and creative expression to his work.
- Author(s)Gabriel Ethan Kram
- Date of Publication05/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.