Transformations of Gender and Race: Family and Developmental Perspectives by Rhea Almeida (Hardback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.07+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
About this product
- DescriptionTransformations of Gender and Race will help you become a better therapist by arming you with new theories and practices that concern inclusiveness of identity, psyche, and culture in the therapy room. This book radically shifts current thinking in systemic theory and practice with individuals, children, couples, and families, giving you a fresh perspective on working with your clients of all cultural backgrounds and both genders. In Transformations of Gender and Race: Family and Developmental Perspectives, you'll discover superb contemporary thinking in cultural studies, post-colonial theory, gender theory, queer theory, and clinical and research work with numerous populations who have been overlooked and undertheorized. You'll gain a wealth of kwledge and expertise from its contributors who have been immersed in the issues they address. The chapters in Transformations of Gender and Race provide a superb, state-of-the-art bibliography of contemporary thinking in cultural studies, post-colonial theory, and clinical and research work with numerous populations who have been overlooked and undertheorized. The new paradigms dicussed and practiced in Transformations in Gender and Race encourage cultural multiplicity, inclusiveness, and understanding. A pallete of contemporary thinking, this insightful book will guide you in: * how to bring diversity into the lived experience of young children * numerous theoretical paradigms * couples therapy * men's work and children * addressing the intersections of gender, race, class, and culture in the therapy room * transformations regarding race and gender * the inclusiveness of feminism A wealth of expertise and sharp observation that reaches out to enrich and humanize therapy practices, Transformations of Gender and Race addresses the interactions between gender, class, race, sexual orientation, and age. Creative and in-depth, this volume articulates a perspective that connects all of these contexts of potential oppression and privilege. You will gain a deeper understanding of numerous theoretical paradigms for working with couples, individuals, and children that will improve your practice.
- Author(s)Rhea Almeida
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/1998
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.