All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book we outline an optimistic, aspirational and unashamedly ambitious agenda for schooling. We make cautious use of the concept of 'future proofing' to signal the commitment of the various authors to re-thinking the purposes, content and processes of schooling with a view to ensuring that all children, from all backgrounds are prepared by their education to make a positive contribution to the futures that are ahead of them. The book focuses on issues relating to techlogy and social justice to re-examine the traditional relationship between schools and techlogy, between schools and diverse learners, and between schools, children and kwledge. Drawing from examples from around the world, the book explores practical ways that diverse schools have worked to celebrate diverse understandings of what it means to be a learner, a citizen, a worker in these changed and changing times and the ways different techlogies can support this agenda.
- Author BiographyDr Leonie Rowan is a passionately committed educator who works with the concept of relationship centred pedagogies to disrupt traditional patterns of success and failure in diverse educational and cultural sites. Publishing widely in areas relating to the role of schools in social transformation she has also been a chief investigator on 3 nationally competitive Australia Research Council Grants and in 2010 won a Griffith University for Excellence in University Teaching. Chris Bigum has an international reputation for researching the relationship between computing technologies and schooling and for thinking creatively about the way changing technological contexts challenge us to re-think the purposes of schooling. From the early years of computer use through to the read/write Web, his writings have consistently offered fresh and educationally productive insights.
- Date of Publication22/02/2014
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note5 colour tables, biography
- Weight391 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChris Bigum,Leonie Rowan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.