CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionTransformed for Love tells the story of the only indigeus Canadian Anglican religious order for women, the Sisterhood of St. John the Divine, in a way that celebrates the Sisters' past, describes their present, and looks forward to their future. It focuses on God's transforming love in the lives of the Sisters, and in the lives of those they serve. The 130-year history of the Sisterhood will be explored through the lens of its six Reverend Mothers and in the context of the culture of each era. The monastic life as lived today and into the future will be portrayed through the lens of monastic sacred space, specifically the architecture and landscaping of the Sisters' chapels and buildings. Photographs and other creative works by the Sisters (visual arts, poetry, and music) will illustrate their past, present, and future.
- Author BiographyThe Sisterhood of St. John the Divine is an Anglican monastic community founded in Toronto in 1884. During the past 130 years the Sisters have lived a life of prayer and service to the church and the world throughout Canada, pioneering in health care, education, care of the elderly, retreats, and spiritual formation.
- Author(s)The Sisterhood of St. John the Divine
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/11/2014
- Content Note100
- Weight1 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJane Christmas,Sister Constance Joanna Gefvert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.