All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Golden Rule of do unto others has often been called the essence of religion. But Fred Howard's own spiritual journey takes a decidedly less traveled path when he faces a situation where the Golden Rule simply isn't adequate. Embarking on a deep spiritual quest away from literal Christianity and into the New Thought movements of the 1980s and 1990s, Howard eventually comes full circle to reclaim his Christian identity. Armed with a fresh perspective on his old life, he w sees the doctrines and tenets with new eyes. In Transforming Faith: Stories of Change from a Lifelong Spiritual Seeker, Howard explores this fresh insight through the five areas of imagination, faith, compassion, God, and Christianity. Using the time-tested tradition of conveying wisdom through story, Howard encourages you to develop a transforming faith-one that t only leads to changes in your life, but also one that grows into new understandings of the reality of God's presence. Following in the footsteps of M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Traveled, this book offers a fresh and sometimes unconventional guide to understanding your spirituality.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Macon, Georgia, Fred Howard is an ordained minister by the Christian Universalist Association and is currently the minister of the Unitarian Church of Valdosta, Georgia. He graduated in 2006 from Candler School of Theology at Emory in Atlanta and spent a year in the Clinical Pastoral Education program at Emory Hospital. Prior to that, he attended Valdosta State College and the Medical College of Georgia and practiced medicine for twenty years. Active in his church and community, Howard is married to Kathy Riggins Howard and currently resides in Valdosta, Georgia. They have three grown children, Mandy, Misty, and Dustin, and have six grandchildren.
- Author(s)Fred Howard
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.