All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Robert J. Wicks Spirituality Selection Transforming Fire shows women how to tap anger's creative spiritual power and direct its energies toward life-giving ends. Instead of suppressing anger, women see how to understand anger by naming it, how to integrate anger and love, and ultimately how to transform anger's fire. To accomplish this, the author draws from psychology, from science, and from Christianity, Judaism, and Buddhism. Both insightful and inspirational, this book - - views anger as a complex reality with physical, intellectual, cultural, and spiritual components - deals with the individual's mixed emotions and personal history - addresses issues of self-esteem, boundaries, conflict, and loss - looks at the role of anger and love in intimate relationships - examines violence against women, powerlessness, and forgiveness - considers multicultural issues affecting women and anger - includes questions and exercises to help cope with the moment - ends with a meditation on the Book of Ruth
- Author BiographyKathleen Fischer is a theology professor, a counselor, and a spiritual director in Seattle, Washington. Her most successful books include Autumn Gospel and Women at the Well. With her husband Thomas Hart she has also written Christian Foundations, The First Two Years of Marriage, and Promises to Keep.
- Author(s)Kathleen Fischer
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.