All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionPeople's lives can be dramatically transformed by psychoanalysis. Yet the decision to undertake this enterprise can seem so formidable that many deny themselves an extraordinary experience. This book makes that decision-admittedly a complex one-better informed, clearer, and easier. It provides seven detailed case reports, easy to read and free of technical jargon, in which the patients' lives-in their own judgements-were transformed. This is t meant to imply that psychoanalysis always or even usually yields transformative results. These case studies are intriguing in their own right and help the reader think kwledgeably about psychoanalysis and assess its potential as a life-changing enterprise.
- Author BiographyJoseph Schachter was trained as a clinical psychologist in the Department of Social Relations at Harvard University, obtained his medical degree from New York University-Bellevue Medical School, and received his psychoanalytic training at the Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. In mid-career he spent a number of years in full-time physiological/developmental research with infants and children. He subsequently returned to psychoanalytic practice and was a training and supervising analyst at the Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Institute. Recently retired, Dr. Schachter now resides in New York City.
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication12/05/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width167 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJoseph Schachter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.