Transforming Politics: Power and Resistance: v. 58 by Sasha Roseneil (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $181.87+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $117.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the transformation of politics and social movements at various levels. Starting with a transformation of identity within social movements, it goes on to discuss changes in the scale of social movement mobilisation. The impact of social movements on the state is also considered, with a particular focus upon the ways in which the state is able to incorporate apparently radical political agendas. Finally, the book examines those intellectual and theoretical debates stimulated by recent political transformations.
- Author BiographyCOLIN BARKER Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Manchester Metropolitan University CINNAMON BENNETT Research Student, Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research, Sheffield Hallam University LAURENCE COX Director of the Centre for Research on Environment and Community, Waterford Institute of Technology JOHN DRURY worked as a Researcher at the University of Sussex and the Trust for the Study of Adolescence, Brighton BRIAN ELLIOTT Professor of Sociology and Head of Department of Anthropology and Sociology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver MAX FARRAR Sociology Lecturer, School of Cultural Studies at Leeds Metropolitan University VALERIE HEY Senior Researcher in Culture, Communication and Societies, Institute of Education, London University JOHN HOLMWOOD Reader in Sociology and Director of the Graduate School in Social and Political Studies, University of Edinburgh IAN LAW Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Leeds ELIZABETH LAWRENCE Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Sheffield Hallam University RUTH LEVITAS Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology, University of Bristol JAMES W. MCAULEY School of Human and Health Studies, University of Huddersfield WALLACE MCNEISH Department of Sociology, University of Glasgow PAUL REYNOLDS Senior Lecturer in Politics and Sociology, Edge Hill University College BETH SIMPSON Department of Anthropology and Sociology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver CLIFFORD STOTT School of Social Sciences, University of Abertay NICHOLAS TURNER previously Research Assistant, Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research, Sheffield Hallam University
- Author(s)Sasha Roseneil
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/04/1999
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleExplorations in Sociology
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight409 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byPaul Bagguley,Prof. Jeff Hearn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.