Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- Description<i>Transforming Public Education</i> features nineteen cases that profile entrepreneurs who are pursuing opportunities to create pattern-breaking social change in our public schools. For nearly two decades, education entrepreneurs have been working to transform the K 12 public education system in the United States. Social entrepreneurship has become part of the language of a new generation of idealists, many of whom are focused on education. The nineteen cases in this book profile entrepreneurs who are pursuing opportunities to create pattern-breaking social change in our public schools in particular, by creating high-quality educational opportunities for low-income and mirity students who are dramatically underserved by the current public education system. Based on a popular course developed and taught at the Harvard Business School, this casebook is organized into four modules: <ul><li>Understanding the Context of Urban Schooling in the United States</li><li>Tackling the People Problem </li><li>Focusing on Performance</li><li>Launching and Growing New Schools</li></ul>Students are invited to explore four overarching questions: <ul><li>Why are there opportunities for entrepreneurs in a sector that is funded with public dollars and delivered by public agencies?</li><li>Why is entrepreneurial activity aggregating around certain opportunities?</li><li>What are the possibilities and constraints faced by entrepreneurs in each opportunity area?</li><li>How can we evaluate the impact of these entrepreneurs efforts?</li></ul>
- Author Biography<b>Stacey M. Childress</b> is a senior lecturer in the General Management Unit at Harvard Business School and a cofounder of the Public Education Leadership Project at Harvard University.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Edited byStacey M Childress
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Library binding,Cloth over boards,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.