All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe power of story in our lives is far from adequately understood in contemporary culture. Equally the therapeutic power of storytelling, how it can quite literally entrance and even heal, has been igred until recently. Transforming Tales reveals the true impact of stories on our lives and how stories can create feelings of hope, take away psychological distress and even stimulate the immune system. Written by an experienced professional storyteller, this book contains over 90 short stories, from traditional fables to fascinating modern yarns, and allows readers to understand the hidden patterns storytellers use to captivate attention and learn how truths are often encapsulated in myths, jokes and fairy stories.The author focuses on the therapeutic value of stories and how they can instigate real change in people's lives. The book also reveals everything you need to kw to create vibrant, memorable, original stories and short metaphors for yourself. This extraordinary journey into imagination and understanding will be an illuminating read for those professionally concerned with psychological and personal change and anyone who wants to learn more about the power and significance of stories.
- Author BiographyRob Parkinson is a very widely experienced storyteller who has also practised extensively as a therapist. As a performer, he has told his tales in all kinds of likely and unlikely places, from theatres, festivals, schools and libraries to pubs and clubs, restaurants and zoos. A varied career path prior to becoming a professional included teaching, driving trucks and taxis, restoring antiques, playing guitar in bars, painting signs and travelling extensively - and provided vital experience to draw on as a tale teller. His other publications include acclaimed short books of fun story ideas in the Natural Storytellers series and several CDs for both adults and children. Rob lives in Tonbridge in Kent with his wife Ruth and daughter, Asha.
- Author(s)Rob Parkinson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.