All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionTeacher education has a central role in the improvement of educational systems around the world but what do the teacher educators in universities and colleges actually do? Day-to-day, how do they support the learning and development of the thousands of new teachers we need every year? And why does this matter? Drawing on recent research by the authors, situated in the growing international literature, Transforming Teacher Education puts these questions in cultural and historical context and offers a practical answer in the form of an original agenda for the transformation of current conditions in teacher education with future designs for practice. Viv Ellis and Jane McNicholl argue that teacher education needs to be transformed so as to take advantage of the unique structural connections that exist between schools and universities in countries like England (represented by the tion of 'partnership') and the USA (with the example of professional development schools) by capitalising on the networks of expertise within and between these different organisations to produce powerful new forms of kwledge. They offer suggestions for future designs for teacher education, drawing t only on the latest research in teacher learning and development but from across the social sciences.
- Author BiographyViv Ellis is Professor and Head of Education at Brunel University, London, UK, and a Visiting Professor at Bergen University College, Norway. Jane McNicholl is a University Lecturer in Science Education at the University of Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Jane McNicholl,Viv Ellis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.