CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you think of the word, Widow, what comes to your mind? Many people, including some widows themselves, think of the words: lonely, poor, dependent, pitiful, a loser. In this 96-page resource handbook, Minister Edwards will help you change your mind and get on with your life. Contains testimonies from nine widows who have done so, 20 tips for helping you make your transition from widowhood to a new you.
- Author BiographyMinister Mary Edwards is probably best known for her community revitalization work alongside of her late husband Rev. Eddie K. Edwards. Together they founded the Joy of Jesus Ministries, which is located on the eastside of Detroit near City Airport. This work earned them the 107th Point of Light Award from former President George W. Bush, Sr. Minister Edwards was the founding director of Camden House, the family life center of the ministry. As a result of this successful outreach, she was chosen to serve as a consultant to the advisory team in our nation's capital commissioned to study the Root Cause of Substance Abuse. In 1996, Minister Edwards retired from Joy of Jesus and began new initiatives. These include: His Lovely Wife Ministries, a support group for women in spiritual leadership The Called and Ready Writers, a Christian writers guild presently consisting of over 55 active writers. Widows With Wisdom (WWW), her latest ministry, established to help widows make the adjustment to living alone following theloss of their spouses. WWW is an outreach of His Lovely Wife Ministries. In addition to these ministries, Minister Edwards has authored six other books including her most cherished book which is titled, Ponderings From the Heart of Mary. Her late husband, Rev. Eddie K. Edwards, painted the cover. A significant testimony from her autobiography appears in the very first Chicken Soup for the African American Soul book released in September of 2004. She is an international author and speaker. Minister Edwards is the mother of two sons, four grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren. You will often hear her quote the scripture from Prov. 13:22, A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children; and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. Minister Edwards believes in leaving a legacy behind. In 2009, Minister Edwards established Leaves of Gold Consulting, LLC. She does business as a book coach, editor, author and publisher. Her passion is teaching others how to write books. Special attention is given to young aspiring and published authors.
- Author(s)Min Mary D Edwards
- PublisherMary Darlene Edwards
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMary Darlene Edwards
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.