All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionOut of Afaf Meleis' forty years of research and practice comes Transition Theory , based on the work of nurses as they manage the developmental, health and illness, and organizational transitions of patients and families. A collection of over 40 articles published from 1975 through 2007, Transitions Theory covers developmental, situational, health and illness, organizational, and therapeutic transitions. Each category includes an introduction written by Dr. Meleis, the originator of Transitions Theory , in which she offers her historical and practical perspective. Each section also includes a previously unpublished paper, written by an expert in the field. The book concludes with Dr. Meleis' vision for the future of Transition Theory research and practice.
- Author BiographyAfaf I. Meleis, PhD, DrPS (hon), FAAN is the Margaret Bond Simon Dean of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Professor of Nursing and Sociology, and Director for the School's WHO Collaborating Center for Nursing and Midwifery Leadership. Previously, Dean Meleis was a Professor on the faculty of nursing at the University of California at both the Los Angeles and the San Francisco campuses. Courses taught include international nursing, structure and organization of nursing knowledge, and transitions and health. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, and the UK Royal College of Nursing, a member of the Institute of Medicine, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar National Advisory Committee; a Trustee of the National Health Museum; and Board Member of CARE, The Global Health Council, Nurses Education Funds, Inc. and Life Science Career Alliance. Dean Meleis has been active in promoting women's health nationally and internationally, through her work with the International Council on Women's Health Issues where she serves as Council General, and with the Girl Child Initiative of the International Council of Nursing where she serves as the Global Ambassador. Her research and publishing has focused primarily on global health, immigrant and international health, women's health, and on the theoretical development of the nursing discipline. She is the author/co-author of more than 150 articles, >40 book chapters and 6 books, including 4 editions of Theoretical Nursing (LWW) which has sold >45,000 units over 4 editions. CGFNS recently announced that Dr. Meleis is the recipient of 2008 International Distinguished Leadership Award.
- Author(s)Afaf Meleis
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.