All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionTranslating audio description scripts from foreign into source language seems to be a tempting alternative strategy of creating audio description scripts in those countries where audio description is still scarce. This book presents the results of a three-stage study. This study was conducted to test whether the translation of audio description scripts written by experienced British audio describers into Polish is a solution that is less time and money consuming. Besides it was analysed whether the scripts created through the application of the translation strategy preserve the quality that satisfies the target recipients. The obtained results prove that translation of audio description scripts is t only possible, but also beneficial when it comes to time consumption, costs and quality of audio description.
- Author BiographyAnna Jankowska is an Assistant Lecturer in the UNESCO Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow. Her recent research projects include studies on the viability of translating audio description scripts from foreign languages, multiculturalism in audio description, audio description for foreign films and the history of audiovisual translation. She is the founder and president of the Seventh Sense Foundation which campaigns for media accessibility in Poland.
- Author(s)Anna Jankowska
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleText - Meaning - Context: Cracow Studies in English Language, Literature and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byAnna Chociej,Anna Mrzyglodzka
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.