Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation Studies and linguistics have been going through a love--hate relationship since the 1950s. This book assesses both sides of the relationship, tracing the very real contributions that linguists have made to translation studies and at the same time recognizing the limitations of many of their approaches. With good humour and even-handedness, Fawcett describes detailed taxomies of translation strategies and deals with traditional problems such as equivalence. Yet he also explains and assesses the more recent contributions of text linguistics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics and psycholinguistics. This work is exceptional in that it presents theories originally produced in Russian, German, French and Spanish as well as English. Its broad coverage and accessible treatment provide essential background reading for students of translation at all levels.
- Author(s)Peter Fawcett
- PublisherSt Jerome Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- Series TitleTranslation Theories Explored
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3.
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSt Jerome Publishing
- Content Noteglossary, bibliography
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.