All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWeb localization is a cognitive, textual, communicative and techlogical process by which interactive web texts are modified to be used by audiences in different sociolinguistic contexts. Translation and Web Localization provides an in-depth and comprehensive overview into this emerging field of study. The book covers the key areas and main theoretical and practical approaches of the subject, rather than a step by step practical guide. Topics covered include the often controversial definition of localization, how the process develops, what constitutes a text in this process, digital genre theory and its implications, and how to conduct research or training in this field. The book concludes with a look into the dynamic nature of web localization and the forces, such as crowdsourcing, that are reshaping web localization and translation as we kw it. In light of the deep changes brought by the Internet, Translation and Web Localization is an indispensable book for researchers, postgraduate and advanced undergraduate students of translation studies, as well as practitioners and researchers in related fields such as computational linguistics, applied linguistics, Internet linguistics, digital genre theory and web development.
- Author BiographyMiguel A. Jimenez-Crespo is director of the MA and BA program in Translation and Interpreting at Rutgers University, USA, and holds a PhD in Translation and Interpreting Studies from the University of Granada, Spain. He has published extensively on localization, corpus-based translation studies, the methodology and theorizations required for research into localization and its training. His articles have been published in international journals such as Target, Meta, Perspectives, Jostrans, Linguistica Antverpiensia, TIS: Translation and Interpreting Studies and the Journal of Internationalization and Localization among others. He is part of the review board of the Journal of Internationalization and Localization and Entreculturas.
- Author(s)Miguel A. Jimenez-Crespo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.