Translational Neuroscience: Fundamental Approaches for Neurological Disorders: 2016 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $215.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $181.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionTranslational Neuroscience offers a far-reaching and insightful series of perspectives on the effort to bring potentially revolutionary new classes of therapies to the clinic, thereby transforming the treatment of human nervous system disorders. Great advances in the fields of basic neuroscience, molecular biology, gemics, gene therapy, cell therapy, stem cell biology, information techlogy, neuro devices, rehabilitation and others over the last 20 years have generated unprecedented opportunities to treat heretofore untreatable disorders of the nervous system. This book provides a wide-ranging yet detailed sample of many of these efforts, together with the methods for pursuing clinical translation and assessing clinical outcomes. Among the topics covered are Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, motor neuron disease, pain, inborn errors of metabolism, brain tumors, spinal cord injury, neuroprosthetics, rehabilitation and clinical trial design/consideration. Translational Neuroscience is aimed at basic neuroscientists, translational neuroscientists and clinicians who seek to gain a perspective on the nature and promise of translational therapies in the current era. Both students and established professionals will benefit from the content.
- Author BiographyMark H. Tuszynski, MD, PhD, is a professor of neurosciences and founding director of the Translational Neuroscience Institute at the University of California - San Diego, and a neurologist at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in La Jolla, California. He received his undergraduate and MD degrees from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, completed neurology residency at Cornell University Medical Center / The New York Hospital, and subsequently received a PhD in neuroscience from the University of California - San Diego. Dr. Tuszynski studies basic and translational aspects of neurodegenerative disorders and neurotrauma, and the biological basis of learning and memory.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note85 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 83 colour tables, biography
- Weight1057 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMark H. Tuszynski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.