Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents an in-depth study by a number of international contributors on the issues surrounding the increasing professionalization of the language-media sector, and its demands for ever more highly trained employees with broader skills repertoires.As a research area, education in the fields of translation and interpreting has received growing attention in recent years, with the increasing professionalization of the language-mediation sector demanding ever more highly trained employees with broader repertoires. This trend is evidenced in the present collection, which addresses issues in pedagogy in a variety of translation and interpreting domains. A global range of contributors discuss teaching, evaluation, professionalization and competence as they apply to a range of educational and linguistic situations. Translator and Interpreter Training: Issues, Methods and Debates presents an in-depth consideration of the issues involved in this area of translation and interpreting studies, and will be of interest to all students and academics working and researching in the field.Published in association with the International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS), Continuum Studies in Translation aims to present a series of books focused around central issues in translation and interpreting. Using case studies drawn from a wide range of different countries and languages, each book presents a comprehensive examination of current areas of research within translation studies written by academics at the forefront of the field. The thought-provoking books in this series are aimed at advanced students and researchers of translation studies.
- Author BiographyJohn Kearns has worked for several years as a translator trainer in Poland. He is currently engaged in research at Dublin City University, Ireland. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Irish Translators' and Interpreters' Association and is the editor of the monthly ITIA Bulletin.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/05/2008
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Translation
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJohn Kearns
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.