All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a unique mapping of Mediterranean cultures and histories in transnational contexts. A diverse collection of diasporic scholars stage a critical examination of transmediterranean subjects across a broad spectrum of geopolitical spaces that encompasses India, Greece, Palestine, Sudan, Australia, the Netherlands, Italy and Libya. Focusing on the transnational dispersions and heterogeneous embodiments of Mediterranean cultures, this book examines how these cultures, geopolitical spaces and subjects are caught within flows of exchange, contestation and reconfiguration. Working in the interstices of global formations, the essays in this volume proceed to articulate transmediterranean affiliations that challenge the borders and limits of the nation-state.
- Author BiographyJoseph Pugliese is an Associate Professor in Critical and Cultural Studies. He teaches in the Department of Media, Music and Cultural Studies, Macquarie University. He has published widely on race, ethnicity and whiteness, migration and diaspora, refugees and asylum seekers, and bodies and technologies. His most recent research project is a monograph, Biometrics: Bodies, Technologies, Biopolitics (2010), that examines the biopolitics of biometric technologies.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication06/08/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2010
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Weight320 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJoseph Pugliese
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.