Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the influences for ethpolitical groups to act internationally in advancement of their group interests. Yu-Wen Chen proposes an ecological approach to comprehend ethpolitical contention. In essence, she argues that transnationalizing the contention has the merit of raising the ethpolitical group's salience and helps to create niches that can demarcate one group from other claim-making groups in a society. Quantitative analysis of the primary data from the European Survey of Ethpolitical Groups (ESEPG) and qualitative case studies confirm that although some ethpolitical groups have presented their issues in the international arena, the domestic realm is still the main locus for ethpolitical contention to occur. Salience, resources, domestic and international opportunity structures affect ethpolitical groups' international engagement. This book is an essential volume for anyone interested in ethnic mobilization, social movements, and transnationalization.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Yu-Wen Chen received her Ph.D. in Political Sciences at the University of Konstanz in Germany in 2009. Her research interests include ethnic mobilization in Europe and China, ethnic conflicts, interest groups, and transnational advocacy networks.
- Author(s)Yu-Wen Chen
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number579
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.