Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking text challenges the traditional paradigm of Latina/o studies by focusing on transnational issues and examining the manner in which gender, race, and class emerge out of local and global processes. Divided into three parts, the volume first critiques current theoretical and methodological approaches within the discipline. It then explores alternate propositions concerning material culture and human identity by introducing different frames for analysis. Finally, it moves us beyond nation-based approaches of previous studies as well as attending to emergent rural and urban invations at the local level. This work expands our understandings and links between Lati and Latin American studies and will be an invaluable resource for students and scholars from both fields.
- Author BiographyCarlos G. Vélez-Ibanez is Presidential Chair of Anthropology and director of the Ernesto Galarza Applied Research Center at the University of California, Riverside. He is the 2003 recipient of the Bronislaw Malinowski Award of the Society for Applied Anthropology. Anna Sampaio is assistant professor of political science at the University of Colorado, Denver. Manolo Gonzalez-Estay is a graduate student in the Department of Anthropology at the University of California, Riverside.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleLatin American Perspectives in the Classroom
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/07/2015
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight417 g
- Width151 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnna Sampaio,Carlos G. Velez-Ibanez,Manolo Gonzalez-Estay
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.