All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this era of globalisation, different legal systems and structures longer operate within their own jurisdictions. The effects of decisions, policies and political developments are having an increasingly wide-reaching impact. Nowhere is this more keenly felt than in the sphere of European Union law. This collection of essays contributes to the co-operative search for interpretative and rmative grids needed in charting the contemporary legal landscape. Written by leading lawyers and legal philosophers, they examine the effects of law's de-nationalisation by placing European law in the context of transnational law and demonstrate how it forces us to rethink our basic legal concepts and propose an approach to transnational law beyond the dichotomy of national and international law.
- Author BiographyMiguel Maduro is Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Regional Development of the Portuguese Government. He is also Professor of European Law and Director of the Global Governance programme at the European University Institute. From 2003 to 2009 he was Advocate General at the Court of Justice of the European Union. He is the winner of several awards for scientific excellence including the Gulbenkian Science Prize and Obiettivo Europa. Kaarlo Tuori is Professor of Jurisprudence and Academy Professor at the University of Helsinki. He is also Vice President of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe and serves as a consulting expert on the Constitutional Law Committee at the Finnish Parliament. Suvi Sankari is Postdoctoral Researcher at the Centre of Excellence in the Foundations of European Law and Polity, University of Helsinki.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 tables
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byKaarlo Tuori,Miguel Maduro,Suvi Sankari
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.