All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world increasingly polarising into media-rich and media-poor nations, the rapid spread of satellite and cable television has triggered a vigorous debate on the globalisation of media and markets. At the beginning of the twenty-first century, media and communications techlogies have been converging at an unprecendented pace worldwide. Transnational Media and Contoured Markets brings a multi-faceted perspective to bear on the transformation of the broadcast and advertising industries in Asia at the turn of the century. Drawing on case studies of satellite and cable channels across South, Southeast and Northeast Asia, the author argues that the globalisation of the media and advertising can only be understood within the broader context of ecomic, political, social and cultural processes within nation states, subnational regions and transborder ethnic communities. Additionally, this book raises the deeper socio-ethical issues of relentless globalisation for developing countries and transnational ecomies worldwide.
- Author BiographyAmos Owen Thomas is an Associate Professor of International Business at the Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands, where he challenges graduate and undergraduate students to critique the globalisation of business and communications, economy and culture.
- Author(s)Amos Owen Thomas
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.